New Year's Resolutions

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Since it's a new year, it's time for some New Year's Resolutions!  This year I've decided to try and stick to the following items:

1) Stop watching reality TV. This will be a tough one.  I am a sucker for reality TV from the Real Housewives, to The Bachelor, even Dance Moms!  You name it and I'll pretty much watch it. It's my guilty pleasure. But, it's about time I gave it up since it's just mindless junk.



2) Cook 1 new recipe per week.  It can be easy to get in a bit of a slump and cook the same thing week after week. We cook dinner about 5-6 times per week, but usually rotate through the same handful of recipes. This resolution will also help improve my cooking skills!

Making a pumpkin pie from scratch at Thanksgiving!

3) Continue working out at least once per week. Last year I got into an excellent fitness routine and was working out a minimum of once a week, but closer to 3x per week. I even ran in my first 12k race! I want to make sure that routine continues through this year too.

12k at Burton Creek!
**Updated 1/3/14**
I forgot to add another very important resolution!

4) Spend less time on my phone. I want to spend less time sucked in to mindless browsing on my iPhone. I find myself spending way to much time each day reading, and re-reading the news and checking social networks every few minutes to see what's new. I want to make my time more purposeful. There are too many good things in life to continuously be sucked in to my phone.





What are some of your resolutions for 2014?


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...